Student Visa

If you want to come to Spain to study Spanish and need a visa to do so IELE will send you an Admissions Certificate as an enrolled student in our school for your application.

FAQ Student Visa.

To apply for a student visa you need permission to enter and stay in Spain for the length of your course. With an Admissions Certificate from our Spanish school, IELE, you can apply for a short-term or long-term student visa. We will send you your certificate once you select your dates, course type, and submit your reservation fee. With this certificate and the other documents asked for by the Embassy you can apply for your student visa.

1.- What is a Student Visa?

The student visa allows a student to stay and study in Spain. The visa will have equal validity to the duration of the registered course.

2.- Do European Union members need a visa to study in Spain?

Citizens of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland do not a visa to live, study, or work in Spain.

3.- Do I need a student visa if my stay and studies in Spain are for less than 90 days?

If your course is 90 days or less you must apply for the Schengen visa.

4.- What do I need to study between 91 and 180 days?

To study in Spain between 91 and 180 days you must apply for a short-term student visa. This type of visa is for short-term studies only and the student must return to their country in order to renew it.

5.- Can I work during my studies in Spain?

Yes, but your job must be related to your studies. It is obligatory to obtain a work permit from the Foreign Office before you begin working.

6.- What can I study if I get a student visa?

With a student visa you can study the Spanish language.

7.- Can I travel with a student visa to other Schengen countries?

Yes, you may travel with student visas, both short and long duration, to other Schengen countries for up to a maximum of 3 months per semester from the date of first entry.

8.- Which countries make up the Schengen Area?

The Schengen Countries are: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Latvia, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Sweden, and Switzerland.

9.- If I am coming to Spain on tourism, can I get a student visa while I am there?

No. Student visas are only given in the country of origin.

10.- Where can I apply for my student visa to study in Spain?

Apply at the Spanish Embassy or Spanish Consulate Offices in your country of origin.

11.- Can I be denied a visa?

The Spanish Embassy or Consulate may deny a visa. If they do the applicant will be informed. The Spanish Embassy and Consulates are not obliged to give reasons for denial. More information visa